This dignified old building used to be the main building of the hospital. It is located in the park area in front of The main hospital building. Department of neurology and Department of Rheumatology are situated her, among others.
How to get here
- Line 5 og 6 har avgang frå Festplassen
- Line 12 har avgang frå Bystasjonen
- Line 16E har avgang frå Xhibition i Småstrandgaten
- Ulriksdal for besøkande til Ulriksdal helsepark og Glasblokkene (line 5, 6, 16E)
- Haukeland sjukehus Nord for besøkande til Glasblokkene, Kvinneklinikken, Augebygget og Haukeland hotell (line 5, 6, 12 og 16E)
- Haukeland sjukehus Sør for besøkande til Sentralblokka og andre bygg på Haukelandsområdet (line 5, 6, 12 og 16E)
- Ibsensgate - arbeidsruter
Nærmaste stoppestad til Haukeland er bybanestoppet Haukeland sjukehus. Banen stoppar nord for Sentralblokka, like ved Glasblokkene, på Haukelandsområdet. Det tar om lag 5 minutt å gå frå stoppet til sjukehuset.
The term Pasientreiser (patient travel) is used to describe travel to and from authorised treatments. The hospital is responsible for providing patient travel and will meet the cost of the cheapest mode of travel on behalf of the patient. You can read more on the Pasientreiser website. The website also contains information about the Helseekspress and Helsebuss bus services.
Several scheduled bus routes stop at the hospital. There is also a number of commuter bus routes running between different parts of Bergen and the hospital.
Skyss has produced a dedicated route map for Haukeland University Hospital (PDF) showing which bus routes stop at the hospital.
Tide and Nettbuss operate express coaches on several long-distance routes to the centre of Bergen.
Bybanen Light Rail
The closest Bybanen station is Haukeland sjukehus, only a 5 minute walk from the station to the hospital. The station is located to the North of the hospital main building, Sentralblokka, next to the buildings Glasblokkene. Timetables are available at the website Skyss.no.
There are usually taxis available at the taxi rank outside the main hospital building (Sentralblokka). If not, our receptionists are on hand 24 hours a day and can help book a taxi for you.
Bergen Train Station in the centre of Bergen is the closest mainline station to Haukeland University Hospital. The distance between the station and the hospital is around 2.5 km and is served by several bus routes and the Bybanen Light Rail (line 2).
Bergen Airport in Flesland is just under 20 km from Haukeland University Hospital. There is no direct airport bus between Haukeland and Bergen Airport, but you can take the airport bus to and from the centre of Bergen.
There is a separate waiting area near the reception in the main hospital building (Sentralblokka) for patients and next-of-kin waiting for transport.
For dei som av ulike årsakar må bruke bil, er det parkeringsplassar på ulike områder på og i nærleiken av sjukehuset.
Parking facilities at Haukeland are divided into separate zones in and around the hospital grounds.
Parking spaces are very limited, however. Out of consideration for those who need to travel to the hospital using their own car, we strongly urge those who are able to do so to use public transport.
Når du skal på besøk eller følgje ein pasient på sjukehuset, må du gjere deg kjent med gjeldande rutinar.
We have a large selection of books, comic books, audiobooks, digital books/cards and PlayStation, Wii and Xbox games, as well as DVDs, CDs, periodicals, newspapers and music.
We also lend DAB radios and playback equipment for films, audiobooks and music.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 11.30–15.30.
Tuesday and Thursday 11.30–17.30.
Every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday we visit the departments with our book trolley. If you would like to borrow something but are unable to make it to the library, feel free to contact us during opening hours, and we will deliver the requested material to you.
Computers and printers
The library has a public computer and printer/photocopier. Patients and next-of-kin are welcome to use the internet, do their online banking, print off plane tickets etc.
We also lend visual art. Please contact us for more information.
Som inneliggande pasient vil du få matservering på avdelinga du ligg på. I tillegg kan du og besøkande kjøpe alt frå dagens middag til smårettar, bakevarer og kioskvarer på sjukehuset. I nærmiljøet finst også fleire daglegvarebutikkar.
There is a pharmacy in the foyer of the main hospital building (Sentralblokka). This is a public pharmacy operated by Sjukehusapoteka Vest.
Alle pasientar og besøkande kan bruke gratis trådlaust internett på dei fleste områda på sjukehuset.
Gjest.ihelse.net er eit trådlaust nettverk for besøkande, pasientar og tilsette. Slik koblar du deg til gjestenettet vårt:
- Koble deg til det trådlause gjestenettet (gjest.ihelse.net)
- Ein nettlesar skal opne seg automatisk. (Om påloggingsvindauget ikkje dukkar opp, forsøk å opne nettlesaren manuelt).
- Trykk "Godta" når du har lest og forstått vilkåra.
Patients waiting for transport may do so in a designated waiting area in the foyer in the main hospital building (Sentralblokka). The waiting area is designed to make the wait as comfortable as possible for both patients and next-of-kin.
Staffed waiting area Monday to Friday: 08.15–17.00
The waiting area offers reclining chairs, coffee tables with seats, magazines and coffee.
In the daytime the waiting area is staffed by two transport planners from the Department of Patient Travel. The transport planners are not medically trained but can assist you if there are any changes to your planned travel.
- Patient travel must be booked by the discharging department before the patient arrives in the waiting area.
- The departments are responsible for referring patients to the waiting area based on a medical assessment.
- Patients who need to wait longer than 2 1/2 hours for their booked travel should do so in their department.
- The department should make its assessments, including medical assessments, on the basis that the waiting area is not permanently staffed and not staffed by medical personnel.
Patients travelling by air may contact the hosts in the waiting area, who will help organise an airport transfer.
In special circumstances the waiting area may be unmanned for limited periods during opening hours.
- Patients who require care and who are in the waiting area at ordinary closing time will be referred back to the discharging department. The discharging department will then look after the patient.
- Patients who have been allocated patient transport after 15.30 and who require care must wait in their department. Those who do not require care may wait at the edge of the waiting area.